When the full moon is shining and the wolves are howling, it's time for Halloween's spooky spectacle. Halloween combines scares and spooks with laughs and grins — a holiday that's undoubtedly unique. To get into a spooky creepy-crawly mood, we've rounded up the most famous and most-loved quotes for all the Halloween lovers out there.
Keep scrolling down to explore the best collection of Halloween Quotes and sayings about this trick-or-treater’s favorite holiday and get ready for the spookiest season.
Famous Quotes from Halloween Movies That'll Get You In the Spooky Spirit
Do you like watching scary movies? Check out the best quotes from famous horror films that will thrill and entertain any scary movie fan, whether it's Halloween or not.
Spooky Halloween Quotes for the Best Halloween Experience
If you hope to creep yourself (or your friends) out and celebrate this spooky season to another level, look over some of these bone-chilling Halloween quotes and get ready for the holiday.
1. "Believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see." —Edgar Allen Poe
2. "I am all in a sea of wonders. I doubt; I fear; I think strange things, which I dare not confess to my own soul." —Bram Stoker
3. "There is something at work in my soul, which I do not understand." —Mary Shelley, Frankenstein
4. "We make up horrors to help us cope with the real ones." —Stephen King
5. "I would like, if I may, to take you on a strange journey." —The Criminologist, The Rocky Horror Picture Show
6. "It’s as much fun to scare as to be scared." —Vincent Price
7. "Be afraid ... Be very afraid." —Ronnie, The Fly
8. "Shadows of a thousand years rise again unseen. Voices whisper in the trees, ‘Tonight is Halloween!'" —Dexter Kozen
9. "I love Halloween, and I love that feeling: the cold air, the spooky dangers lurking around the corner." —Evan Peters
10. "Shadows of a thousand years rise again unseen. Voices whisper in the trees, ‘Tonight Is Halloween!’" —Dexter Kozen
11. "If human beings had genuine courage, they’d wear their costumes every day of the year, not just on Halloween." —Douglas Coupland
12. "Just because I cannot see It doesn’t mean I can’t believe it!" —Jack Skellington
13. "Double, double toil and trouble; fire burn and cauldron bubble." —William Shakespeare
"Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can’t see where it keeps its brain." —J.K. Rowling
14. "Halloween was confusing. All my life my parents said, ‘Never take candy from strangers.’ And then they dressed me up and said, ‘Go beg for it.’" —Rita Rudner
15. "A mask tells us more than a face." —Oscar Wilde
16. "It’s just a bunch of hocus pocus!" —Max From Hocus Pocus
17. "Werewolves howl. Phantoms prowl. Halloween’s upon us now." —Richelle E. Goodrich
18. "A ghost can be a lot of things. A memory, a daydream, a secret; grief, anger, guilt. But in my experience, most times they’re just what we want to see." —Steven Crain
19. "Clothes make a statement. Costumes tell a story." —Mason Cooley
20. "I put a spell on you because you’re mine." —Jay Hawkins
21. "Halloween wraps fear in innocence, as though it were a slightly sour sweet. Let terror, then, be turned into a treat." —Nicholas Gordon
22. "Anyone could see that the wind was a special wind this night, and the darkness took on a special feel because it was All Hallows’ Eve." —Ray Bradbur
23. "There is a child in every one of us who is still a trick—or—treater looking for a brightly—lit front porch." —Robert Brault
24. The farther we’ve gotten from the magic and mystery of our past, the more we’ve come to need Halloween." —Paula Guran
25. "Some people are born for Halloween, and some are just counting the days until Christmas." —Stephen Graham Jones
26. "I love Halloween, and I love that feeling: the cold air, the spooky dangers lurking around the corner." —Evan Peters
27. "Where there is no imagination, there is no horror." —Arthur Conan Doyle
28. "There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls." —George Carlin
29. "One need not be a chamber to be haunted. One need not be a house. The brain has corridors surpassing material place." —Emily Dickinson
30. "Everyone is a moon and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody." —Mark Twain
Cute Short Halloween Quotes to Celebrate the Spooky Season
Read through the following short cute Halloween quotes and pick your favorite lines from the list below.
1. "Hell is empty and all the devils are here." —William Shakespeare
2. "The universe is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper." —Eden Phillpots
3. "Where there is no imagination, there is no horror." —Arthur Conan Doyle
4. "It's all just a bunch of hocus pocus!" —Max, Hocus Pocus
5. "Something wicked this way comes." —William Shakespeare
6. "It’s Halloween, everyone’s entitled to one good scare." —Brackett
7. "When black cats prowl and pumpkins gleam, may luck be yours on Halloween." —Unknown
8. "There is something haunting in the light of the moon." —Joseph Conrad
9. "Werewolves howl. Phantoms prowl. Halloween's upon us now." —Richelle E. Goodrich
10. "Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain." —J.K. Rowling
11. "Trick or treat, bag of sweets, ghosts are walking down the street." —Unknown
12. "Every day is Halloween, isn’t it? For some of us." —Tim Burton
13. "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."
14. "There is something haunting in the light of the moon." —Joseph Conrad
15. "Villains wear many masks, none so dangerous as the mask of virtue." —Ichabod Crane
16. "It’s Halloween; everyone’s entitled to one good scare." —Brackett
17. "We’re all mad here." —Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
18. "Shadows mutter, mist replies; darkness purrs as midnight sighs." —Rusty Fischer
19. "Hocus pocus. Time to focus."
20. The blood is life. —Bram Stoker "Dracula"
21. "No good deed will I do again." Elphaba, Wicked
22. "Flip the switch and let the cauldron bubble!" —Aunt Frances Owens, "Practical Magic"
23. "Goodbye cruel world." Winifred Sanderson, Hocus Pocus
24. "On Hallowe’en they all jump off the roof and fly!" —Ice Cream Boy, "Practical Magic"
25. "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places." —H.P. Lovecraft, "The Short Stories of H.P. Lovecraft"
26. "Maybe ever’body in the whole damn world is scared of each other." —John Steinbeck, "Of Mice and Men"
27. "Imagination be a witch tonight." —Robert Bagg, "Hallowe’en"
28. "Tis the night —the night of the grave’s delight." —Arthur Cleveland Coxe
29. "Fear has many eyes, and can see things underground." —Miguel de Cervantes, "The Adventures of Don Quixote"
30. "Darkness falls across the land, the midnight hour is close at hand." —Vincent Price, "Thriller"
Funny Quotes for Halloween that Will Make You Laugh Out Loud
Halloween is a great time to make crude jokes and talk about creepy-cool topics, so enjoying funny Halloween quotes is a great way to lift your spirits and get you ready to celebrate the season!
1. "I'll stop wearing black when they make a darker color." —Wednesday Addams, The Addams Family
2. "Some people are born for Halloween, and some are just counting the days until Christmas." —Stephen Graham Jones
3. "Eat, drink and be scary!" —Unknown
4. "I witch you a Happy Halloween." —Unknown
5. "For some of us, Halloween is every day." —Tim Burton
6. "A mask tells us more than a face." —Oscar Wilde
7. "May your candy supply last you well into the Christmas season." —Unknown
8. "Halloween is the only time I can easily convince others that my children are monsters." —Unknown
9. "The cobwebs in my house just became my decorations!" —Unknown
10. "Have you come to sing pumpkin carols?" —Linus, It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
11. "Magic is really very simple, all you've got to do is want something and then let yourself have it." —Aggie Cromwell, Halloweentown
12. "During the day, I don't believe in ghosts. At night, I'm a little more open—minded." —Unknown
13. "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself…and spiders." —Unknown
14. "If the broom fits, ride it!" —Unknown
15. "This witch can be bribed with chocolate." —Unknown
16. "Keep calm and scary on." —Unknown
17. "A grandmother pretends she doesn’t know who you are on Halloween." —Emma Bombeck
18. "It’s as much fun to scare as to be scared." —Vincent Price
19. "Halloween is not only about putting on a costume, but it’s about finding the imagination and costume within ourselves." —Elvis Duran
20. "Believe nothing you hear and only one half that you see." —Edgar Allen Poe
21. "I’m not superstitious, but I am a little stitious." —Michael Scott From the Office
22. "Listen to them—the Children of the Night. What music they make!" —Bram Stoker
23. "It’s easier to dismiss ghosts in the daylight." ―Patricia Briggs From Dragon Bones
24. "I’ll stop wearing black when they make a darker color."—Wednesday Addams from The Addams Family
25. "The world turned upside down—in a good way—for one black velvet night." —Karen Fortunati
26. "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself… and spiders."
27. "Men say that in this midnight hour, the disembodied have power." —William Motherwell
28. "Am I walking toward something I should be running away from?" —Shirley Jackson
29. "A person should always choose a costume which is in direct contrast to her own personality.
30. "Some people are born for Halloween, and some are just counting the days until Christmas."
Halloween Witch Quotes to Make Halloween More Magical
Take a peek at this haunting list of witch captions and quotes, you’ll find that picking the right Halloween quotes is as easy as magic.
1. "I’m a witch every day. Not just for Halloween."
2. "She used to tell me that a full moon was when mysterious things happen and wishes come true." —Shannon A. Thompson
3. "She’d always loved Halloween. A magic night. A night when anything could happen. Monsters could be real. Magic could whisper in the air." —Cynthia Eden
4. "Halloween is a celebration of the inversion of reality and a necessary Gothic hat—tip to the darker aspects of life, death, and ourselves." —Stewart Stafford
5. "The universe is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper." —Eden Phillpots
6. "On Halloween, witches come true; wild ghosts escape from dreams. Each monster dances in the park." —Nick Gordon
7. "Magic is really very simple. All you’ve got to do is want something and then let yourself have it." —Aggie Cromwell
8. "Well, fancy! We desire children." —Winifred Sanderson, Hocus Pocus
9. "The moon has awoken with the sleep of the sun, the light has been broken; the spell has begun." —Midgard Morningstar
10. "True magic is neither black nor white… it’s both because nature is both. Loving and cruel, all at the same time." —Lirio Santana from The Craft
11. "When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers, ’tis near Halloween."
12. "I’m a witch every day. Not just for Halloween."
13. "Witch parking. All others will be toad." Unknown
14. "Witch and ghost make merry on this last of dear October days."
15. "There is magic in the night when pumpkins glow by moonlight."
16. "I might play with my cat and then go trick people to death." —Scott Holstad, "Shadows Before the Maiming"
17. "There’s a little witch in all of us." —Alice Hoffman, "Practical Magic"
18. "I know of witches who whistle at different pitches, calling things that don’t have names." —Helen Oyeyemi, "White is for Witching"
19. "For a witch, you certainly don't know much about how hauntings work." —Colleen Houck
20. "It reeks of children!" —Mary Sanderson, Hocus Pocus
Halloween Love Quotes to Warm Up and Chill
Explore the list of the most warming spooky Halloween love quotes! Dressing up in scary costumes and having an amazing time this Halloween together!
1. "With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine." —Victor Van Dort, "The Corpse Bride"
2. "Do you have to open graves to find girls to fall in love with?" —"The Mummy"
3. "This date is not going well; I want to die all over again." —"Warm Bodies"
4. "I've seen enough horror movies to know that any weirdo wearing a mask is never friendly." —Elizabeth, "Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives"
5. "I put a spell on you because you’re mine."—Jay Hawkins
"I like the way you see things I like the way you see me." —"House At The End Of The Street"
6. "The secret to living well and longer is: eat half, walk double, laugh triple and love without measure." —Tibetan Proverbs
7. "Everyone comes with baggage. Find someone who loves you enough to help you unpack." —Unknown
8. To love a person is to see all of their magic, and to remind them of it when they have forgotten. —Sayings
9. "How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard." —Winnie—the—Pooh
10. "I hope to arrive to my death, late, in love and a little drunk." —Atticus
11. "Do you believe in destiny? That even the powers of time can be altered for a single purpose? That the luckiest man who walks on this earth is the one who finds true love?" —Bram Stoker's "Dracula"
12. "Wait a second I just want to tell you something ... I was in love the first time I saw you." —"The Strangers"
13. "There is something at work in my soul, which I do not understand." —Mary Shelley, "Frankenstein"
14. "I put a spell on you because you’re mine." —Jay Hawkins
15. "It's amazing, Molly. The love inside, you take it with you. See ya." —"Ghost"
16. "I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss." —Gomez, "The Addams Family"
17. "I envy people that know love. That have someone who takes them as they are." ― Jess C Scott, "The Devilin Fey"
18. "We loved with a love that was more than love." —Edgar Allen Poe, "Annabel Lee"
19. "I have crossed oceans of time to find you." —Bram Stoker's "Dracula"
20. "I loved her not for the way she danced with my angels, but for the way the sound of her name could silence my demons." —Gomez Addams, "The Addams Family"
Halloween Pumpkin Quotes
Check out most-favorite pumpkin quotes that are perfect to enjoy Halloween vibe! Put on your flannel-shirt combo, a toasty sweater, and a pair of boots, and get prepared for the changing season with these best pumpkin captions.
1. "There is magic in the air when pumpkins glow by midnight."
2. "Have you come to sing pumpkin carols?" —Linus, It’s the Great Pumpkin
3. "I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion." —Henry David Thoreau
4. "I don’t see how a pumpkin patch could be more sincere than this one." —It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
6. "I’d say the first thing you need is … a pumpkin." —Cinderella
7. "I tromped through the pumpkin patch." —The Nightmare Before Christmas
8. "If you’re ever wondering what to wear, just dress like a pumpkin, you’re good to go. —Devendra Banhart
9. "Only the knife knows what goes on in the heart of a pumpkin."—Simone Schwarz—Bart
10. "Let’s be honest: you can’t celebrate fall without its leading role: pumpkin!" —Rachel Hollis
11. "Once a pumpkin, Always a pumpkin." —Billy Corgan
12. "Pumpkin spice lattes are egg nog for morning people." —John Oliver
13. "Pumpkins in October, as fat as the full moon, they sit on our doorstep at night and glow." —Richelle Goodrich, "Being Bold: Quotes, Poetry, & Motivations for Every Day of the Year"
14. “Give ’em pumpkin to talk to talk about.” —Unknown
15. “There are three things that I’ve learned never to discuss with people: religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin.” —Linus, It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
16. “Let’s be honest: you can't celebrate fall without its leading role: pumpkin!” —Rachel Hollis
17. “When life gives you pumpkins, make pie.” —Unknown
18. “October, tuck tiny candy bars in my pockets and carve my smile into a thousand pumpkins.” —Rainbow Rowell, Attachments
19. “I'd say the first thing you need is… a pumpkin.” —Fairy Godmother, Cinderella
20. “O' pumpkin pie, your time has come 'round again and I am autumnrifically happy!” —Terri Guillemets
21. “I suppose I will die never knowing what pumpkin pie tastes like when you have room for it.” —Robert Breault
22. “My favorite word is ‘pumpkin.’ You can’t take it seriously. But you can’t ignore it, either. It takes ahold of your head and that’s it.” —Harrison Salisbury
23. “Sometimes I wake up in the morning thinking about pumpkin pie.” ― Damien Echols, Life After Death
24. “The pumpkin lies yellow, beneath the cold skies, it’s luscious and mellow, and ready for pies.” —Walt Mason, The Pumpkin
25. “If you’re ever wondering what to wear, just dress like a pumpkin, you’re good to go.” —Devendra Banhart
26. “Only the knife knows what goes on in the heart of a pumpkin.” —Simone Schwarz—Bart
27. “Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie.” —Jim Davis
28. “I can smell autumn dancing in the breeze. The sweet chill of pumpkin, and crisp sunburnt leaves.” —Ann Drake
29. “What moistens the lip and what brightens the eye? What calls back the past like the rich pumpkin pie?” —John Greenleaf Whittier, The Pumpkin
30. “Pumpkin spice lattes are eggnog for morning people.” —John Oliver
Halloween Quotes Instagram
If you’ve taken some brilliant photos for Halloween season, update Instagram using this list of Halloween Instagram captions to describe the moment.
1. "Sticky fingers, tired feet; one last house, trick or treat!" —Rusty Fischer
2. "Believe nothing you hear and only one half that you see." —Edgar Allan Poe
3. "Where there is no imagination there is no horror." —Arthur Conan Doyle
4. "Never trust the living." —Beetlejuice
5. "If you’ve got it, haunt it." —Rose Pressey
6. "I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss." —Gomez, The Addams Family
7. "I see dead people." —The Sixth Sense
8. "Halloween is an opportunity to be really creative." —Judy Gold
9. "That’s what you dream about? Being a monster?" —Edward Cullen, "Twilight"
10. "Things are never quite as scary when you’ve got a best friend." —Bill Waterson
11. "I’m wicked through and through." —Elphaba, Wicked
12. "There’s only 365 days left until next Halloween!" —The Nightmare Before Christmas
13. "Where my ghouls at?" —Monster High
14. "They’re creepy and they’re kooky, mysterious, and spooky." —Andrew Gold
15. "Whatever you do, don’t fall asleep." —A Nightmare on Elm Street
16. "I’m a mouse, duh." —Mean Girls
17. "We have had our summer evenings, now for October eves!" —Humbert Wolfe
18. "On Halloween you get to become anything that you want to be." —Ava Dellaria
19. "I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers." —L.M. Montgomery
20. "Everyone is a moon and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody." —Mark Twain
21. "The universe is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper." —Eden Phillpotts, "A Shadow Passes"
22. "Nothing on Earth so beautiful as the final haul on Halloween night." —Steve Almond
23. "I’m friends with the monster that’s under my bed." —Rihanna
24."I’m a homicidal maniac. They look just like everyone else." —Wednesday Addams, The Addams Family
25. "It’s a full moon tonight. That’s why all the weirdos are out." —Dani, Hocus Pocus
26. "Werewolves howl. Phantoms prowl. Halloween’s upon us now." —Richelle E. Goodrich
27. "Be afraid, be very afraid." —Ronnie, The Fly
28. "Every day is Halloween, isn’t it? For some of us." —Tim Burton
29. "A mask tells us more than a face." —Oscar Wilde, Irish Poet
30. "So the darkness shall be the light, and the stillness the dancing." —T.S. Eliot
Halloween Party Quotes
The holiday is a chance for people gather together, from creative costume contests to sophisticated Halloween soirees. If you're in need of a little inspiration to hype up, these favorite festive sayings will put you in the spooky season spirit.
1. “One need not be a chamber to be haunted; One need not be a house; The brain has corridors surpassing Material place.” —Emily Dickinson
2. A party without a cake is just a meeting. —Julia Child
3. Shadows of a thousand years rise again unseen, Voices whisper in the trees, "Tonight is Halloween!" —Dexter Kozen
4. As spirits roam the neighborhoods at night, Let loose upon the Earth till it be light. —Nick Gordon
5. Nothing on Earth is so beautiful as the final haul on Halloween night. —Steve Almond
6. You wouldn't believe On All Hallow Eve What lots of fun we can make, With apples to bob, And nuts on the hob, And a ring—and—thimble cake. —Carolyn Wells
7. “Shadows mutter, mist replies; darkness purrs as midnight sighs.”—Rusty Fischer
8. “There is something at work in my soul, which I do not understand.”—Mary Shelley
9. “Villainy wears many masks, none so dangerous as the mask of virtue.”—Ichabod Crane
10. “Darkness falls across the land, The Midnight Hour is close at hand.”—Rodney Lynn Temperton
11. “Shadows of a thousand years rise again unseen. Voices whisper in the trees, “Tonight is Halloween!”—Dexter Kozen
12. “If human beings had genuine courage, they’d wear their costumes every day of the year, not just on Halloween.”—Douglas Coupland
12. “Halloween wraps fear in innocence, as though it were a slightly sour sweet. Let terror, then, be turned into a treat …”—Nicholas Gordon
13. “Halloween is not only about putting on a costume, but it’s about finding the imagination and costume within ourselves.”—Elvis Duran
14. “Anyone could see that the wind was a special wind this night, and the darkness took on a special feel because it was All Hallows’ Eve.”—Ray Bradbury
15. ‘“Tis the night —the night of the graves delight and the warlocks are at their play; Ye think that without the wild winds shout, but no, it is they —it is they.” —Cleveland Coxe
Halloween Shirt Sayings
Halloween is upon us, and it would be more excited when celebrating it with our family members. We're ready to decorate pumpkins, put on a few amazing costumes, and even dive into many parties. But to truly put is in the spooky spirit, we may need to get our family members some lovely gifts to commemorate Halloween! And there's one thing perfect for everyone, whether you're looking for something cute, funny, or truly scary, which is a Halloween T-shirt.
1. Grandma's Boo Crew And Grandkids T-shirt
2. Boo Mom Est Grandma Est T-shirt
3. Mimi And Kids Halloween Pumpkin T-Shirt
4. Boo Grandma And Kids T-shirt
5. Grandma Bundle Halloween Alphabet Doodle Grandkids T-Shirt
We hope that you can pick some Halloween quotes to post on social media and share them with your beloved ones. These famous Halloween quotes and sayings will inspire you to get in the mood and have a frightful favorite holiday. Happy Halloween!
Read more: Goodbye Summer Hello Fall Quotes